Vice President of Marketing Communications
Confidential Posting for an External Company
3810 | Vice President Marketing Communications | Confidential Energy Company | United States
Join AboveBoard to Access Opportunities
AboveBoard is an executive search platform that is actively assisting another business find their next Vice President of Marketing Communications.
AboveBoard is an exclusive digital marketplace that provides historically excluded executives, access to senior leadership and board opportunities. Seasoned executives who qualify for membership can access traditionally hidden opportunities and choose to engage with hiring team when they are interested.
Visit AboveBoard to learn more, or simply apply for membership below.
About this Opportunity
As Vice President of Marketing Communications, you will be responsible for overseeing a coherent and effective communications strategy between the company, our markets, and key stakeholders. You will work closely with Executive staff, investor relations, and marketing to develop and manage a small number of strategic themes that all messaging will align. You will be the principal point of contact for all media interactions.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ensures marketing objectives, tactics, and metrics are strategically aligned with overall business objectives and growth plans
- Provides leadership around best-in-class marketing practices to all professionals on our corporate marketing team, as well as marketing professionals embedded in our program delivery organization
- Assesses the capabilities of our internal marketing and communications team, identifies gaps, and makes recommendations for appropriate resourcing to execute our corporate marketing strategy
- Develops, tracks, and reports marketing metrics and communicates regularly with senior leadership about marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Assists in the ongoing evaluation of market opportunities and positioning to support our strategic growth plans
- Engages in market research activities to identify customer needs, competitive landscape, and market trends, and incorporates lessons learned into enhanced marketing strategies
- Ensures appropriate tools, training and controls are in place for effective and consistent branding and messaging across all internal and external communications–job postings, social media, press releases, conference papers, promotional and collateral materials, case studies, proposals, etc
- Collaborates with program marketing professionals to develop, review, and execute marketing and communication plans that align with our corporate marketing brand and guidelines
- Develops and oversees our corporate marketing brand guidelines and supporting templates and documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Comfortable and flexible in a fast paced, dynamic, agile working environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to offer sound media relations advice to Executive leadership
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex industry-technical messages and jargon into high impact messaging for a broad variety of audiences of all technical abilities
- Proven successful experience working with cross functional groups and departments at all levels within an organization to execute key strategic initiatives